Last year the inaugural event drew thousands to the to take part in the first ever artist-led art fair, pioneered by artists Sam Peacock and Roy Tyson. 80 carefully selected artists will be personally showcasing their pieces to the public during this free four-day event.
● Artist and filmmaker Oliver Malin, whose previous work attracted the attention of BBC London, will reveal a specially commissioned life-sized horse sculpture; ‘Odds On’ from his new ‘Safe Bet’ series. This will mark its first public showcasing of the work and will focus on the interior life of betting shops in the UK.
● Typography aficionados Hooksmith Press will be creating a replica traditional print studio featuring their antique ‘letterpress’ process. They will also be releasing a limited edition print titled ‘Best Thing.’
● Fine art printmaking studio Hippo Screenprinters will be giving visitors the chance to create their very own ‘hand-pulled’ bespoke screen printed tote bag for £5.
● Illustrator and fine artist, renowned for his use of vodka and whiskey, Carne Griffiths will be painting live at the private view using inks and tea inspired by the atmosphere and people present that evening.
● GreatArt will have a doodle area inviting everyone to join in, be creative and get hands on with some art - all for free.
For more information, to arrange interviews or exclusive press views before the event launch, please contact Tamsin Daniel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday 12th April: Press View - 6-8.30pm
Friday 13th April: 12-8pm
Saturday 14th April: 12-6pm
Sunday 15th April: 12-5pm
Roy’s Arts Fair is sponsored by Great Art and has partnered with Tagsmart.