With the rapid expansion of the global art market, issues linked to the lack of regulation, transparency and standards have been threatening reputation and trust in the sector. According to Deloitte's Art & Finance Report 2016, 75% of all stakeholders surveyed agree that 'authenticity, lack of provenance, forgery, and attribution' are the biggest threats to confidence in the art market.
Designed to assure the genuineness of artworks, warrant the accuracy of ownership status, and protect buyers and sellers against fakes and forgeries, the Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity offers the art market a better, simpler way of doing what it already does, while also solving the problems of trust and credibility.
Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity
Artists, galleries, publishers and estates can now effortlessly generate secure Certificates of Authenticity for their collectors.
1. To view your Provenance Record, visit certify.tagsmart.com and enter in the search box the artwork ID identified in the top left of the Certificate. Alternatively, you can scan the barcode with your smartphone using a barcode reader app.
2. The security cut pattern is, together with the Despatch Stamp (centre right) and other covert features, part of a web of security measures woven throughout the Certificate and the Tagsmart service to help guard against forgery and fraud.
3. Information about the artwork, as supplied by the original creator of the Tagsmart artwork record.
4. Information about the parties to whom and by whom this Certificate has been issued. Note that when you issue a Certificate, you choose whether or not this information will be shown on the paper Certificate; it is never shown on the public Provenance Record.
5. Each Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity is uniquely signed by the individual who originally created the artwork record.
6. Holographic-bordered tap which, when peeled off reveals a unique 6-digit code. You will need this code when using the Tagsmart service to show that the ownership of the artwork has been passed to someone else.
The Tagsmart Certificates of Authenticity are printed on high quality, 270gsm archival paper and shipped directly to the buyer.