We are looking for a candidate with experience within the art market. The ideal candidate will have connections with artists, publishers and/or print manufacturers.
As Tagsmart extends it reach we are looking for someone who can help us maintain the relationships we have with our existing clients and at the same time, support the team in growing our business via new sales opportunities. This role will also play a part in the future development of our business, which intends to help connect our artists with online retailers. This project, called the Hub is planned for launch in September 2018.
About Tagsmart: “Driving art sales by delivering trust”
Tagsmart is a British technology company, formally launched in April 2016. As the world’s leading security company focused exclusively in the art world, Tagsmart is the only authentication business to be highlighted in the 2017 Deloitte Art Report as offering art authentication services. Tagsmart already has 23,000 artworks on its platform attributed to over 800 artists, and has tagged and certificated more than 11, 000 works. We have created a unique DNA tagging technology which we have iterated through seven generations and expanded to encompass solutions for almost all types of artwork. Our tag types now include transfer tags for metals and mounts, frame tags, and stamping systems for high volume editions.
Launched in March ‘18 with a completely new architecture and streamlined processes, we now have a ground-breaking consumer facing online platform supported by mature back-office admin suites to reduce customer support costs and speed up customer on-boarding. Our products and services are now informed by valuable knowledge/experience of multiple customer workflows and practice in a very complex market. We have a good understanding of what our customers want and need, including archival certification, confidentiality, design preferences and good studio practise. We've built a well-established team and an extensive network of high profile advisers in the art world.
In October ‘17 we developed a new technology to secure sculptures and in Jan ‘18 developed a new innovative DNA stamp technology specifically for high-end limited edition books, partnering with Denis O’Regan and the David Bowie Estate.
We recently extended our distribution reach by launching a reseller programme with a number of printers and screen printers and in June will be launching a partnership with Own Art and their 300 UK galleries to help support them and their artists with our technology. These developments show our drive to being the leading authority in art authentication and provenance.
- Work with the senior team to maintain the successful relationships that Tagsmart has built up with artists, publishers and/or print manufacturers and more recently online dealers.
- Prospect and convert artists, publishers and/or print manufacturers and more recently online dealers.
- Explore partnerships with online retailers. We believe to successfully scale our business; third party representation, strategic alliances and partnerships will be key.
- Showcase and demonstrate our solutions in a non-technical way to existing customers and prospects.
- Be an extensive networker and represent the company at key industry events, conferences and Art Fairs.
- Belief in our purpose: a positive nature and an ability to evangelise our vision at every opportunity.
- Results focus: you only measure yourself by what you have actually done, the metrics you have moved and ultimately the results you have delivered.
- Evidence of building relationships: ideally 3-5 years experience in sales and account management.
- Strong communication skills, excellent numerical acumen and attention to details.
- Credibility and confidence in dealing with senior external stakeholders, from mid-level to senior management and tier 1 artists.
- Good IT understanding and ability to present the underlying Tagsmart product, its current capabilities and potential new applications.
- Has an organised and systematic approach, complemented by creative flair.
- Wants to be part of a fast-growing start-up with big ambitions.
Reports directly to the Executive Chairman. Will also be expected to work closely with Steve Cooke, Co-Founder and CIO and of course the rest of the team!
£30-40k plus performance-related bonus.
- Friendly and relaxed working environment.
- Access to industry events: gallery openings, art fairs and conferences.
- Open plan office with natural light.
- Great sporting facilities with indoor and outdoor table tennis and foosball table.
- Apple Mac laptops for everyone.
- Team lunch every Monday!
- Espresso machine and fresh fruit.
How To Apply
Send us an email with a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If successful, you will be invited for an interview at our London office.
For further information, please contact us.
If the current opportunities do not match your skills, please submit your resume to email@example.com for future reference. Thank you!