With fakes and forgeries threatening trust and reputation in the global art market, Tagsmart has developed a unique, secure genetic “stamp” to identify, seal and verify the authenticity of artworks. Following an extensive collaboration between leading artists, surface chemists and conservators, every component of the Smart Tag is part of a complex web of security measures, using revolutionary label technology featuring the latest synthetic DNA taggants and inorganic compounds.
Smart Tag for Canvas Works
1. Acid/chlorine free. Includes archival components and nano-technology security.
2. In response to conservators' requests and canvasses qualities and pliability, the 38 mm diameter tag is reversibly affixed and permanently flexible.
Smart Tag for Paper Works
1. A micro-thin, 32 mm diameter paper mask houses our multi-layered proprietary adhesive. The mask, including the adhesive layer, is 30 microns thick.
2. Unique ink mark to every individual artwork.
Smart Tag for Aluminium Works
1. A micro-thin, 38 mm diameter ink transfer houses our multi-layered tag security and creates a tag that is just 8 microns thick.
2. The tamper-proof tag can be applied in seconds and bonds directly to the aluminium. It disintegrates with any attempt to tamper or remove it.