Head of Business Development
We are looking for a candidate with proven experience within the art market. The ideal candidate will have connections with artists, publishers and/or print manufacturers. Our sweet spot is the limited edition print market and, therefore, candidates who have connections within this space are preferable.
Duties of the Head of Business Development include:
• Deliver the overall business development strategy with clear revenue goals by product and customer segment.
• Prospect and convert artists, publishers, printers, framers and galleries that focus on the repeatable limited edition print market into customers.
• Convert partnerships into high yielding, strategic accounts.
• Explore partnerships with digital platforms. We believe to successfully scale our business; third party representation, strategic alliances and partnerships will be key. These deals will be more commercially driven to yield the maximum value for the company is essential.
• Showcase and demonstrate our solutions in a non-technical way to existing customers and prospects.
• Be an extensive networker and represent the company at key industry events, conferences and art fairs.
• Remain fully abreast of all competitor activities.
• Belief in our purpose: a positive nature and an ability to evangelise our vision at every opportunity.
• Results focus: you only measure yourself by what you have actually done, the metrics you have moved and ultimately the results you have delivered.
• Evidence of building relationships: ideally 4-8 years experience in account management or business development roles.
• Strong communication skills, excellent numerical acumen and attention to details.
• Credibility and confidence in dealing with senior external stakeholders, from mid-level to senior management and tier 1 artists.
• Good IT understanding and ability to present the underlying Tagsmart product, its current capabilities and potential new applications.
• Has an organised and systematic approach, complemented by creative flair.
• Wants to be part of a fast-growing start-up with big ambitions.
Reports directly to the Executive Chairman. Will also be expected to work closely with Steve Cooke, Co-Founder and CIO.
£40-50k plus performance-related bonus and share options.
How To Apply
Send an email with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com. In your letter, answer the following questions:
1. What’s wrong with our website?
2. What’s the closest role you have had within the art world to this one and how did you perform in it?
If successful, you will be invited for an interview at our London office.
If the current opportunities do not match your skills, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for future reference. Thank you!